Sessions in 2014 (These are FREE Community events with thanks to our many sponsors!)
* 30th March: Port Lincoln
* 4th May: Elizabeth
* 1st June: Whyalla
* 8th, 9th, 10th August: Science Alive!
* 24th August: Mount Gambier
* 21st September: Adelaide City
* 26th October: Port Augusta
What will you see?
- hands-on science fun
- Science shows for all ages;
- hands-on robotics workshops for ages 9 and up;
- Animals Anonymous;
- Bugs 'n' Slugs;
- Slime making;
- Mini-Scientist role play;
- 3D printing;
- crawl inside the inflatable StarDome and discover the night sky (ages 5 and up);
- electric circuits activities and much, much more!
Come and join us for free family science fairs held throughout the year to crawl inside inflatable StarDomes to gaze at the night sky, and try some hands-on science experiments. Teach a robot to fetch a ball or find out how to make an electric circuit. Pat a snake with Animals Anonymous, or get up close to some Bugs 'n' Slugs.
- 24th March 2013, Roxby Downs SciWorld Sunday
- 5th May 2013, Elizabeth City SciWorld Sunday with Daleks, Animals Anonymous, Fab Lab, Bugs n Slugs
- 2nd June 2013, Whyalla SciWorld Sunday, with Animals Anonymous, Fab Lab, Bugs n Slugs.
- 4th August 2013, Mount Gambier SciWorld Sunday with special guest, 'the Maths Man' Mr Simon Pampena;
- 1st September 2013, Adelaide Zoo SciWorld Sunday with Fab Lab, Animals Anonymous, Bugs n Slugs, Daleks
- 27th October 2013, Port Augusta SciWorld Sunday with Fab Lab, Animals Anonymous and Bugs n Slugs.
- 9th - 11th August 2013: we were at Science Alive! the biggest science event in the Southern Hemisphere!
- 9 September 2012 at Augusta Park Primary School, Port Augusta, featuring Questacon Science Circus, as well as Remabi Park, Bugs n Slugs and the SciWorld team!
- 5 Augusta 2012 at The Main, Mount Gambier, featuring Questacon Science circus, as well as shows from Scott at Remabi Park Native Animals and Kristen at Bugs n Slugs.
- 3 June 2012 at UniSA Whyalla, featuring Mini Scientist activity for ages 8 and under; as well as shows by Scott from Remabi Park Native Animals;
- 6 May 2012 at Playford Civic Centre, Elizabeth, featuring circus skills workshop by Zig Zag Circus;
- 5 June 2011 at UniSA Whyalla, featuring Robotics sessions (sold out in a few hours!);
- 1 May 2011 at Playford Civic Centre, Elizabeth, Adelaide, featuring a special electric circuit workshop supported by Hackerspace, Elizabeth Amateur Radio Club, and Computers Reborn.
Would you like a SciWorld Sunday in your region/town?
SciWorld is always keen to hear from communities interested in hosting a SciWorld Sunday around Adelaide and South Australia. We have the equipment, presenters, marketing expertise and contacts to ensure a really successful day. What we need from the host community is:
- free hire of a suitable venue, preferably incorporating a theatre for our science shows;
- as we are a not-for-profit community organisation, help in raising at least $12,000 in cash sponsorship for direct event costs (a little more for country regions) which could come from four sponsors each contributing $3,000 each.